March 16, 2010

Struggling to Focus

It's been a couple of weeks since I've posted a blog, so I must apologize for my silence.

I was sick for almost two weeks; during that time and since, I've been having technical difficulties with my computer.

Now that the sickness has subsided and my computer is pretty much back to normal, I hope to get my writing schedule in sync too.

These last few days I've been a bit overwhelmed with the task at hand...

So many books I need and want to read. So much to say to the many women who need reaching. I feel like I'm running behind. Getting discouraged because I don't seem to be making any real progress.

One of the books I'm currently reading is You Were born for This: 7 Keys to a Life of Predictable Miracles by Bruce Wilkinson; best known as the author of The Prayer of Jabez.

During my most recent slump- today, I read:
"If you're determined to serve people for the sake of people, you'll eventually burn out and quit.... you've been called to serve God--and that's always worth it. But one of the ways you serve Him is by serving others. You have to keep your eyes on Him, because otherwise you won't last. Once you're focused on serving and pleasing God, the rest becomes irrelevant."
It dawned on me--

Why am I doing what I am doing?

For the hurting women; for the head knowledge from all the books I read; or because I've been called by God to serve Him in whatever way He wants to use me?

Joyce Meyer aptly puts it this way: Frustration=Works of the Flesh

In other words, if I'm getting frustrated maybe I'm trying to do something in my own power and strength not depending on God's guidance, strength or power to get me through.

Today, I will re-access my goals, back up a bit and prayerfully see where God leads me from there.

The main thing I want is to be available to be used by God; if I'm overwhelmed, out of focus or discouraged, I'm certainly of no use to Him or anyone else for that matter.

I appreciate your prayers as I labor to rest in the Lord, to keep my focus on Him and not the tasks at hand, to know that He will bring about what He wants me to do in His perfect timing.