June 29, 2010

What Are You Creating With Your Words?

Considering all the problems in the world today it's easy to get caught in a negative attitude with a complaining mouth.

One thing God continues to show me over and over again...

WE have the power to create reality with the words that come out of our mouths!

Back in 2004 when I was bound by my addictions; my husband, for my own safety, put strict limitations on my access to money, car, cell phone, etc...

I thought he was trying to control me and continually said, "I'm being treated like a prisoner."

It wasn't long until I actually was a prisoner in the County Jail.

My words had become my reality.

Proverbs 18:21 says: 
The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.

If we insist on allowing negative words to flow out of our mouths, we will continue to have negative consequences.

God has given us dominion over the earth and with that our words have the power to create or destroy our lives. 

Rather than swim around in our emotions, dwelling only on what we feel and see around us; we can choose instead to see with our eyes of faith and use faith-filled words to create the life we know God wants us to have.

As long as we continue to speak what we see; we will continue to see those things.

What do you see today?

What do you want to see tomorrow?

Make a decision to speak what you see with your eyes of faith and watch it come to pass!