December 21, 2011

Forget the Rush!



No matter how much we try to simplify our lives, December always seems to bring with it the inevitable Christmas Rush! I avoid malls at all cost but still stress creeps in.




When my children were growing up I spent every Christmas grumpy and stressed out. With grandchildren now, I don't want Christmas to go by in a frazzled blur. I'm determined to slow down, enjoy putting a holiday puzzle together, making cookies, cupcakes and a gingerbread house.



We try to take the focus off presents and keep it on time with family and friends. It not only saves money but teaches our little ones that the true meaning of Christmas isn't about what we have under the tree but Who is in our heart.




This week forget the rush! Find time to sit by the fire with the loved ones in your life and ponder the reason for the season...



The Gift of Salvation came to earth wrapped in a sweet baby boy...





Photos Courtesy 123RF Stock Photo