May 9, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: Restoring Sexual Identity by Anne Paulk







Restoring Sexual Identity: 
Hope for Women Who Struggle with Same-Sex Attraction
by Anne Paulk
Harvest House Publishers 2003
269 pp








Let me start by saying I first read this book in 2007 when I was at the forefront of my own SSA (Same-Sex Attraction) battle. I was ready to leave behind a lifestyle I'd been involved in for several years and I didn't know how to deal with the emotions, the feelings and thoughts in my mind. Like many women in my position, I had many questions... Why do I have these feeling? Will I struggle with this forever? By reading Restoring Sexual Identity I came to understand the root of my SSA and learned how to manage my emotions, work through my feelings and heal my relationships.

Here's a sample of what you will learn from Anne Paulk:
  • Where Same-Sex Attraction comes from.
  • How lesbian attraction develops.
  • How to overcome past abuse.
  • The importance of a support system.
  • How to have healthy relationships with men and women.

I highly recommend this book to any woman struggling with unwanted Same-Sex Attraction or for any parent with a daughter who struggles. This is an excellent resource that deals with real life questions and answers them with Christ-centered solutions.