November 27, 2013

BOOK REVIEW :: Deep-Rooted in Christ: The Way of Transformation




Deep-Rooted in Christ: The Way of Transformation


by 


Joshua Choonmin Kang









In January 2008, I was introduced to Joshua Choonmin Kang when Renavare` suggested their followers read Deep-Rooted in Christ together that year. Because I am such a fan of Richard Foster and the Renovare`organization, I was confident the book would be amazing. I was not disappointed.

In the tradition of classic spiritual writers, Joshua uses the spiritual disciplines to show us the path to Christlikeness. Written with 52 short chapters it is perfect for a weekly devotional. There is so much life changing wisdom that once through barely skims the surface. I've read this sweet book several times since I first got it.

If you are looking for a new devotional for the upcoming year or perhaps a Christmas gift, I would highly recommend Joshua Choonmin Kang's beautifully written book Deep-Rooted in Christ: The Way of Transformation. I'm looking forward to reading it again myself this next year.