January 28, 2015

BOOK REVIEW :: Breathing Under Water:Spirituality and the Twelve Steps by Richard Rohr



Breathing Under Water: 

Spirituality and the Twelve Steps


by


Richard Rohr










It's always exciting when I discover a book that has fresh concepts and approaches to the subject of addiction recovery. Breathing Under Water by Richard Rohr is just that and more.

I've been using this book in my own recovery walk for over a year now. With every chapter I get new insights that help me get up and take my daily baby steps again.


Though himself not a recovering addict, Fr. Rohr has a sweet way of lining up our hurts and issues with the spirituality and healing we all long for. 

Breathing Under Water, like all of Richard Rohr's books, is beautifully written and is one of my favorite books. I highly recommend this book to anyone who struggles with addiction of any type.

If you can't see the video screen below CLICK HERE to watch Richard Rohr speak on his book Breathing Under Water.