January 16, 2009

Feeling a little disconnected...

Friends, I'm sorry it's been so long since I've written. With our move from Texas to California on December 1, and working so hard to get most of the boxes unpacked before Christmas, I've been a little exhausted... My brain from the decisions as to where to put everything - my body from all the unpacking - my spirit from missing friends, and familiar churches. As you can imagine, writing was not top of mind.

Today is another rough day, but since I haven't written in a while, I thought I would use my blog to get it out of my system. Don't get me wrong, I am truly blessed and grateful for where we are now. God has provided a beautiful home for us to live in and a great job for my husband. Our oldest son and his family will be living here with us, all to arrive in Feb. Then shortly after our youngest son will be moving from Denver. It will be wonderful to have our family with us.

My biggest challenges these days are of relational nature. It's always this way when we move; the dreaded transition of getting settled in a new church, bible study and making new friends. It seems these last couple of years, every time I made a good friend we had to move again. I'm feeling a little sad, missing those friends and anxious about making new ones.

Words aren't coming easy for me today, so my post will be unusually short. I would only ask for your prayers as I press through this transition time. That God will help me find my routine, return to my studies and writing. Blessings... Tamara