Generally, women don't talk much about heart attacks.
After all, it's a man's disease, isn't it?
Not any more...
According to the American Heart Association:
1 in 3 women have some form of heart disease.
Cardiovascular Disease is the #1 killer of women.
WE MUST PROTECT OURSELVES!
5 Simple Steps To Prevent Heart Disease:
- QUIT SMOKING
- EXERCISE 30 MINUTES MOST DAYS OF THE WEEK
- EAT HEART HEALTHY: More Fish-n-Veggies; Less Meat-n-Dairy
- WAIST MANAGEMENT: Women 32.5" Men 35"
- GET REGULAR HEALTH SCREENINGS
Significant symptoms prior to heart attack include:
- Unusual fatigue
- Sleep disturbance
- Shortness of breath
- Anxiety, feelings of impending doom or unusual nervousness
Significant symptoms during heart attack include:
- Shortness of breath and/or inability to catch your breath when waking up
- Unusual fatigue
- Cold sweat, clammy sweat
- Nausea, vomiting
- Chest pain, could also include back pain and/or deep aching and throbbing in one or both arms
- Fluttering or rapid heartbeats, palpitations
- Feeling of heaviness, such as pressure-like chest pain between the breasts that may radiate to the left arm or shoulder
Let's not allow poor health to sneak up.
What good is it to have a spiritually healthy heart if our physical heart is in poor health? We won't be around to enjoy the abundant life Christ died to give us. It's a sad witness to Christ, if we can't take care of the body we've been given!
Let's be proactive... together!
Some of you were my friends and/or trainees when I was a trainer at Curves in Katy, TX. Well, this week I'm going back to Curves because I know it works - I lost almost 30 lbs in 2006. So before that lost weight creeps back on, I'm getting back in the program as a trainee this time! I encourage you to find a friend and get started. It's more fun that way!
Guard your heart above all else,
for it determines the course of your life.
~ Proverbs 4:23 NLT