September 28, 2011

A Force-Field of Favor

 


As a child of the Most High God, we are privy to something very special -- His Favor.


The Bible tells us:
...the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless ~ Psalm 84:11
Now you may be asking, "How can I have a blameless walk? I'm only human."

God doesn't expect us to do that 'blameless walking' all by our self. There is no way we could do that in our own power. We would fail every time. But when we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior, God The Father, sees us through Christ, as blameless. When we give everything to Him, when we put Him first in all we think, do or say, He will honor that and bestow the favor and honor spoken of in that Scripture.

Well, I like to take it a step further...

I see God's favor sort of like a spaceship force-field. It surrounds me completely. It goes before me wherever I'm going, preparing the way, opening the door, touching those I will meet, so that I have favor in all that I do.

The key is to look for it---expectantly. Not in an arrogant way, but knowing that as children of The King we are special not because of who we are, but because of whose we are! 
For You, LORD, bless the righteous one; you surround [her] with favor like a shield. ~Psalm 5:12 HCSB
Father God, thank You that I'm Your child and you have surrounded me with Your Force-Field of Favor. Help me to see Your hand in all I do so that I may glorify you Name.