September 21, 2011

How Hungry Are You?



As an avid bird watcher, I regularly put out feeders to attract birds. The problem is, not only do I attract birds, but the squirrels end up eating more seed than the birds.

After spending countless dollars feeding more squirrels than birds, I finally decided to take on the battle. I invested in a "Squirrel-Proof" feeder that actually did what it advertised -- allowed the birds to have full reign of their food.

Thinking the birds and I had won the victory, I soon discovered the Styrofoam cooler, where I stored the bird seed on the patio, had small holes gnawed in it. Drat. Those pesky squirrels had gotten past my special feeder and found the main stash!

I dashed to the garage for our hard plastic ice chest and put the remaining seed in it. Take that squirrels!

Well, if you've ever battled with squirrels, you know what's coming...

Yes, it wasn't long before the hard plastic ice chest had holes gnawed through it, too. Those squirrels knew where the food was and were determined to get fed. Alas, I moved my seed stash to the garage. If the squirrels found it there, I was in real trouble!

How hungry are you? Are you pushing through any barrier to be fed?

Now, like infants at the breast, drink deep of God's pure kindness. Then you'll grow up mature and whole in God. ~ 1 Peter 2:2 MSG